The Barrow AFC Independent Supporters Society Limited trading as “The Bluebirds Trust” was set up in 2014 around the time the club was taken in private ownership following a period as a members club.
The Trust is a member of Supporters Direct, and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Reg. No 32452R). We are an affiliate member of the Football Supporters Federation (FSF).
- What The Trust is For
The main aims of the Trust are:
1) Support and advocate for our members and other fans who follow Barrow A.F.C
2) Provide opportunities for the wider Furness community to connect with our club
3) Work with the club to support it’s development in the local community
4) Support and safeguard the future of professional football in Barrow at the highest sustainable level
5) to raise money to support all of the above
We have a positive working relationship with the owner and board of Barrow AFC and are working with them to ensure fans views are represented at the highest level within the club. Our main aim is to provide a voice for all supporters of Barrow AFC and work within the community to raise awareness of the club. We also provide travel to Barrow AFC away games for our members and other supporters.
Using proceeds from our matchday raffle we have worked with the Community Sports section of the club to provide kit and other equipment for the junior sides, we hold events to raise money to provide match tickets to schools and other local organisations and individuals who may otherwise not be able to attend. We also work with the club to collect donations for the Food Bank in December.
Additionally we have sponsored players and this season we are sponsoring Radio Lonsdale’s coverage of Barrow AFC matches which is used as the commentary on the Official Club video highlights package.